I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor in good standing with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
I have a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from City University of Seattle, a Masters of Library and Information Science from University of Western Ontario, and a Honours Bachelor Degree in Psychology from Trent University. I am also a Certified Imago Therapist, registered with Imago Relationships North America.
What I do to be the best therapist:
Keeping up with my skills as a therapist is very important to me. I attend workshops, additional training, etc. to further my education.
- I am currently enrolled in a two year training program (2020-2021) for healing complex trauma titled “Bringing the body into practice: Somatic Attachment Psychotherapy” with Lisa Mortimore, in Victoria, BC.
- PHSA: San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training (completed April 17, 2020)
- I attended the BCACC Conference in November 2019 in Vancouver titled: Wired together: Self, science, technology.
- I also work with a Supervisor, who helps me grow and become a better therapist,
- I also go to my own therapist
Where I work:
When you come for a session, we will meet in my little cabin in the woods. Here are a few photos of the of the cabin. Nice and quiet, comfy chairs, and some fresh filtered water to sip on. The only distractions might be a deer in the yard, or a hummingbird flying by.
Hmmmmm, what else can I tell you about myself?
I absolutely love to be outside in nature, riding my e-bike, hiking in the woods, camping, swimming in the ocean, and racing big sailboats all winter long. I also love to cook and knit.